I really enjoy visiting New York City to experience Christmas in the city. I only travel to New York on the Amtrak train, it’s a great way to travel. It’s so easy to drive to the BWI airport – just 20 minutes from Annapolis and parking costs $9 per day. They have very convenient parking and the terminal is small and very easy to navigate.
Here are a few tips I have learned from taking the train over 40 years…
1. Bring a special snack – if not they have better snacks in the cafe car than they used to.
2. Coach tickets are not reserved so be prepared to split up if you travel during peak times. I went to NYC in early Dec once and had no problem finding seats, this week we had to split up and move around as people got off.
3. On that note, pay attention at train station in NYC because they announce the track at the last minute and if you get on early you can have your pick of seats
4. I actually like the cafe car – especially for families. You can play games, eat snacks – altogether in one place.
5. Bring a charger in your carry on – nowadays there are outlets at most every seat.
6. Dress in layers – going to NYC the train was really hot, coming back it was much cooler.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.