With the recent vote to leave the EU, the British pound is at a very favorable exchange for Americans. The last time I went to the UK (in 2012 we did a big trip to Ireland/Scotland to see Navy play football) the dollar was 1.6 to the pound. YUCK! Now because of the “Brexit” backlash, July’s rates are expected to be around 1.2! That’s a lot more Buckingham Palace for your dollar!
There are so many great reasons to visit the UK. Here are a few of my favorites:
1. They speak the same language (well almost, lol 😳 especially if your in Geordie country).
2. London and Edinburgh are teeming with great restaurants and numerous attractions.
3. It’s an easy 8-hour flight from Washington DC to London (take a Tylenol pm or watch a couple of movies).
4. There are so many beautiful areas and small towns to explore like Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland – one of my favorites, and Dumfries is a sister city of Annapolis.
5. Who needs anymore reasons? Get your tail on a plane!
Travel FREE like ME! 😎