Did you know you can get some good cruise deals with the American Express Platinum Card? I always assume that Amex Travel is more expensive than some of the deals I find on the internet. I just recently came across last minute cruise deals with Amex and it may have changed my mind.
Just follow these steps to savings on your next cruise:
- Login with your eligible Amex card or call 1-800-525-3355
- Select an eligible cruise and cabin
- Book with your Amex Platinum
Amex is offering $100-300 shipboard credit and certain amenities depending on which cruise and line you book, as long as the cruise is 5 nights or longer. I like Royal Caribbean because it sails right out of Baltimore, very close to my home. Royal Caribbean offers a bottle of premium wine or champagne and a $100-300 shipboard credit depending on cabin.
In case you haven’t cruised, there are lots of little costs that can add up on the cruise, such as spa treatments, alcohol and excursions. I have lots of ways to save money on your cruise and here are a few of my favorite tips:
- Get your massages off the ship (often offered at very affordable and negotiable prices on beaches of cruise ports)
- Plan your own excursions. There is so much information on the internet now that you can easily plan a very interesting port of call trip for much less. Rick Steves has some great information about excursions and there are some third party companies that offer excursions much cheaper than cruise line. Just be sure to allow for time because the ship will not wait if you are on your own (they will wait if you are on one of their excursions and late).
- Drink in the ports of call. I personally don’t drink but I do know that alcohol is very expensive onboard ship. If you pull into places like Mexico or Jamaica try the local beer!
- If you can check out the last minute cruise deals – there are often some very good deals.
So book a cruise with Amex and relax knowing you got a good deal!