Do you shop at Sam’s Club? I do and I figured out an easy way to get hotel or airline points for my regular shopping trips. I use shopping portals such as American Shopping, Southwest Shopping or United Shopping. If you’ve never used a portal – YOU WILL BE AMAZED how many points you get for buying everyday necessities!
Here is my step-by-step on how to get many more points with everyday trips to Sam’s:
1. If you don’t have frequent flier accounts – get a few. At least register for two airlines – I LUV Southwest for all my domestic and recommended United for big international travel. You can call the airline directly or get a frequent flier number online.
2. Sign into whichever site on which you want to gain points – southwest shopping.com, for example. Type in the store in which you would like to shop – Nordstrom, JcPenney, Macy’s, Gymboree, Home Depot – or my example, Sam’s Club. It will show you how many points are being offered that day (points can change daily).
3. If you aren’t in a hurry to buy something, check evreward.com to see when higher points are offered – depending on the store, I have seen as high as 12 points/$ for stores like Lord & Taylor and 10x for Kohl’s. Sam’s Club is usually only 1 points/$ but can really add up if you spend hundreds a month. So if you click on Southwest Shopping, then type in Sam’s Club, you will be directed to the Sam’s Club site directly but get points on Southwest.
4. Order whatever you want and if you want to just pick it up (you need food ASAP), you check pick it up and find your local store. Then you pick a time for it to be ready and then you can go anytime after that to get your items. Go directly to customer service and present an order number from the email confirmation you will receive after completing your order online. It will take them about 10-15 min to prepare your order (get cold/freezer items) and they meet me by the exit where they check receipts (where I present the one I received at customer service).
5. Sit back and watch your frequent flier/hotel points add up.
The whole process does save time and once you get it down it just becomes second nature. By ordering through a shopping portal you will get points AND if you use a point reward credit card you can “stack” your points. IN NO TIME at all, you will be flying free on your favorite airline or staying in your favorite hotel!
TRAVEL FREE like ME!